Welcome to The Afghan Horsemen Restaurant, the very first Afghan restaurant in Canada, serving Vancouver and the surrounding Lower Mainland for over 45 years. We are pleased to bring you the finest authentic Afghany food in British Columbia, Canada. Our family-managed restaurant has been serving gourmet Afghan cuisine made from the freshest ingredients since 1974. Our award winning restaurant offers delectable Afghan dishes for meat lovers and vegetarians alike. Come join us and explore the rich cultural wealth of The Afghan Horsemen Restaurant with delicious recipes that will take you through a culinary journey of mouth-watering Afghan dishes and will leave your palate craving for more.
Middle Eastern Restaurant for the Georgia Straight's Readers Choice Golden Plates Award 2008 - 2018!
Discover Your Taste
Humus, Sabzi Mast & Khayar Mast with pita
Batter fried marinated chicken breast served hot chutney & Chaka
Seasoned ground beef and lamb, green peas, onions, cilantro wrapped & deep fried, served with Chaka (3 pieces)
Marinated grilled lamb lion chop served with Basmati Rice, Salad Pakawra (batter fried potatoes) & Chaka (yogurt dip).
One big skewer of all kebabs (Lamb, Chicken & Beef)
Homeemade Afghan Dumpling – dough wrapper filled with a mixture of spiced minced beef, onions & herbs, steamed and topped with Chaka (yogurt dip) & our special vegetable sauce
Thank your four patience, we are now open to serve you!
We are following all government guidelines to provide a safe environment for you.
We look forward to seeing you!
We are excited to announce the opening of our dine-in service!
First and foremost, we want to thank you for your support during these challenging times, and for your support of our pick-up and delivery services that allowed us to keep our kitchen open.
As always, the safety of our guests and staff is our main priority. We will continue following the government and Vancouver Coastal Health regulations, and implement additional safety and hygiene measures in our restaurant. Please find safety measures below:
– Hand Sanitizers are available at the entryway
– Gloves are available for all guests if requested
– Masks are mandatory for all staff members
– All Table Top items are removed and Table surfaces will be disinfected thoroughly between uses
– Printed signage posted throughout the restaurant
– 50% of our usual seating is implemented
– Tables are 6 feet apart with a maximum party size of 6 people
– Single-Use Menus are available
– A log-book is used to record guest contact information of one member of every party in the event that there is a need for contact tracing
– Staff/Guests showing symptoms of COVID-19 are prohibited from our restaurant
Thank you all very much for your continued support and trust in us.
We cannot wait to see you soon!